We actively encourage healthy debates and sharing of views. However, we cannot allow illegal activities, encouragement of violence, crime, or harassment. Speekur is a place to have respectable discussions on any topic, and we kindly ask that our users stick to attacking ideas not the person.
We want to be open and transparent about what speekur is and why we created this platform.
Our goal is to facilitate interesting and open discussion, a place where everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas, opinions, and thoughts. The best way to learn is not just to listen but to question and speak your mind. If users don’t feel comfortable sharing their views, asking (sometimes silly) questions, or even being wrong, then how can they learn.
And yes, sometimes people who disagree can still disagree even after a healthy exchange of views, but at least they are aware of each other’s positions on a certain topic or issue. We will never agree on everything, there are too many of us for a start.
With all that in mind, we allow and actively encourage healthy debates and sharing of views. However, we cannot allow illegal activities, encouragement of violence, crime, abuse or harassment. Speekur is a place for respectable discussion on any topic, and we kindly ask that our users stick to attacking ideas not the person. We won’t tolerate abuse, insults, or harassment of any kind.
If you choose to use Speekur you agree to the terms set out on this page. Our users are able to report abuse or harassment and we will act on any reports that we see as a breach of our terms within 24 hours by removing the offending content or individual.
We encourage people to share their views, even if they’re different from the mainstream. However, we do not allow pornography, harassment or spam, racism, sexism, homophobia, illegal & criminal activities and encouragement of violence. We are fair, have a high bar for what constitute an offence and we only care about what you do on our platform.
The current content moderation system functions as follows:
- User reports content or account
- Speekur staff accepts or rejects report
- If accepted, user is notified and given chance to respond
- Final decision made
Users will receive a strike for certain violations of the Content Policy. Users will be notified about the strike, which term was violated, and which piece of content was in violation. Users will have a chance to respond. Individual strikes will expire after 90 days.
We will follow the procedure below
- Strike 1 – Warning
- Strike 2 – 2nd Warning
- Strike 3 – Ban
Spam on Speekur is generally defined as repeated, unwanted, and/or unsolicited actions, automated or manual, that negatively affect Speekur users, groups, and/or Speekur itself. Spam also includes content that is designed to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing). Spam may result in an immediate ban if determined to be malicious or by use of a bot.
Immediate Ban Offense
Users will be immediately banned for certain violations of the Content Policy. Users will be notified about the ban and which term was violated, but they will not be able to see the content that was in violation as it will have to be removed from Speekur. Appeals on immediate bans will be reviewed by the Speekur admins.
- Illegal (terrorism, paedophilia, extortion, fraud, revenge porn, sex trafficking)
- Personal and confidential information (doxxing)
- Incites a true threat of violence
Spam is not allowed on Speekur. Spam may take many forms, and our rules are intended to cover a range of prohibited behaviour, including: Repeated, unwanted, and/or unsolicited actions, automated or manual, that negatively affect Speekur users, groups, and/or Speekur itself; Content that is designed to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing); Commercially-motivated spam, that typically aims to drive traffic from Speekur over to another website, service or initiative through backlinking or other inauthentic methods; Inauthentic engagements, that try to make accounts or content appear more popular than they are; Coordinated activity, that attempts to artificially influence opinion through the use of multiple accounts, fake accounts, and/or scripting or automation. In most cases, spam will result in a strike for your account.
Speekur is encrypted via HTTPS, and we encrypt and/or hash all sensitive information while in motion or when stored at rest, including emails, passwords and private messages.
Speekur does not ask you for Personal Information unless it is required to provide certain features of the Services.
Speekur does not wilfully disclose the Personal Information of our users to anyone except to comply to applicable law or protect our rights.
Certain features of the Services may require you to submit information (including Personal Information, which is defined below) as a condition to use certain features of the Services. We collect your Personal Information when voluntarily submitted by you. The Personal Information you provide is used to a create user account and login credentials for the purpose of using certain features of the Services and/or fulfilling your specific requests, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner. We will not collect your Personal Information unless you give it to us. “Personal Information” means any information that is classified as sensitive because it is personally identifiable such as a verified name, fingerprints or other biometric data, email address, street address or telephone number.
2. Gathering of Personal Information
Certain visitors to Speekur’s websites choose to interact with Speekur in ways that require Speekur to gather Personal Information. The amount and type of information that Speekur gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
3. Website Visitors
From time to time we may use one or more third-party services to improve certain services on our network. In order to provide you with the Services, we may share your Personal Information with certain authorised providers of third-party services (“Authorised Third Parties”) who are authorised to act on behalf of Speekur in connection with the Services. Our agreements with any such Authorised Third Parties states that they will not use any Personal Information received from us for any purpose other than performing services on our behalf.
Like most website operators, Speekur also collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Speekur’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Speekur’ visitors use its website. From time to time, Speekur may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
4. Open Data
Speekur may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. For instance, Speekur may monitor the most popular accounts, groups or activity on the site. Speekur may display this information publicly or provide it to others as de-identified data.
5. Disclosure and Protection of Personal Information
Speekur discloses certain potentially Personal Information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Speekur’ behalf or to provide services to Speekur or its’ websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Speekur’ websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
6. Notification and Disclosure of Breach
Speekur will notify users immediately if we believe their Personal Information is disclosed in any unauthorised way.
Although Speekur provides reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access, we cannot assure the security of any information you transmit or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted personal Information. To the extent the law of your jurisdiction allows for notification of a breach via e-mail or public posting, you agree to accept notice in that form.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
8. How Long We Keep Your Information
9. Government, Regulatory Agencies, Courts, and Law Enforcement
We may access, preserve, and share any information about you, without your consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we believe in good faith that it is necessary or appropriate to respond to requests, claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of Speekur, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of audits, inquiries or investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
If you voluntarily share or submit any information (e.g., name) or content (e.g., pictures), or commentary (e.g., forums, message boards, chats) through the Services, or link it to any social media platforms, you acknowledge that the post and any content or information associated with it may become available to the public
10. Business Transfers
If Speekur, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Speekur goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Speekur may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy. At any time users are able to delete all content and personally identifiable information from the site.
11. Children’s Privacy
Speekur does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services and their content are not directed at children under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact Speekur at [email protected].
12. Children’s Privacy
Speekur may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information to provide you with information about our products or services, to personalise features and content (including ads, news and feeds).
12. Other Web Sites and Services
The Services may contain links to other websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the Services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our Services, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies, not ours. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorise to access your Personal Information. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your Personal Information you do so at your own risk.
13. International Considerations
If you live in or you are visiting from the European Union, United Kingdom or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your Personal Information, including sensitive data, by us from your region to countries which may not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in your country. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this policy.
Last updated: February 10, 2022
Terms of Service
(“Speekur”, “we” or “us”).
1. Your Speekur Username and Account
2. If you create an account on the Speekur platform, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully and solely responsible for all activities that occur therein.
3. Speekur reserves the right to reclaim any username that has not been active for one year or longer, violates any terms or conditions of these Terms or that was created for the sole purpose to resell to a verified user with that same name (a.k.a. Cybersquatting accounts.)
2. Responsibility of Registered Users
1. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all activity that occurs through your account or username and all of your activity on the Speekur Network. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for keeping your account information (including your access credentials) secret and secure. You shall not sell, rent, lease, lend, transfer, license or assign your account, credentials, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorised to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, Speekur prohibits the creation of accounts on behalf of other persons or entities. Unless you are so authorised, you shall not create a Speekur account on behalf of any other person or entity.
2. You also acknowledge that:
a. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other Users of the Services, whether online or offline. You agree that Speekur is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any User. Speekur reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in disputes between you and other Users.
b. You shall not describe or assign keywords to your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including any manner which trades on the name or reputation of others. Speekur reserves the right to change or remove any description or keyword that it considers unlawful or otherwise likely to cause Speekur liability.
c. You shall immediately notify Speekur of any unauthorised uses of your username, account or account, or of any other breaches of security by emailing [email protected].
d. If you operate a account, comment on a post, post material to Speekur, post links or create (or allow any third party to create) or otherwise make material available by means of Speekur, including any text, photo, video, audio, code or other work of authorship (any such material, “User Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any liability resulting from or relating to that User Content or your conduct.
e. By using Speekur, you represent and warrant that your User Content and conduct do not and will not violate these Terms (including our Content Policy), infringe the rights of any other person or entity (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights), or violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation as detailed in section 26.
f. By submitting User Content to Speekur, you grant Speekur a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, publish, process and adapt (each, a “Use”) your User Content for the purpose of providing the Services and promoting Speekur and the Services, without any notice of, consent to or compensation for any such use, unless otherwise licensed by the User, through the Services.
g. You grant other Users permission to share your User Content on other Speekur accounts and add their own User Content to it (e.g., to Remind your User Content).
h. All User Content, that is not otherwise marked by the license owner, is licensed under the All Rights Reserved license.
i. If you delete User Content, Speekur will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Speekur Network, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the User Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
j. By registering an account and making User Content available, you further represent and warrant that the user content does not violate the Speekur Content Policy.
k. Your use of the Services and User Content will not infringe the rights of any other party (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights) or violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
l. Any Use by Speekur of any User Content will not infringe the rights of any other party (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights) or violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
m. If any other party has rights to intellectual property you incorporate into any User Content, you have either (i) received permission from such other to so incorporate such intellectual property into such User Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from such other party a waiver as to all rights in or to such User Content;
n. You have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to all User Content and have done all things necessary to grant to Speekur the license set forth under section 2(f) and to successfully grant to others any relevant rights under any such third-party licenses;
o. You also give other Users permission to share your Content under the legal terms outlined in the license you select, whether Creative Commons, All Rights Reserved, or any other available license.
3. Prohibited Uses
You shall not use or access any of the Services:
1. In any way that violates any applicable United Kingdom laws, rule, or regulation (including, without limitation, any intellectual property laws or privacy laws or laws regarding sanctions, or the export of data or software to and from the United Kingdom or other countries);
2. To post unlawful, infringing, or other content not allowed under these Terms.
3. To impersonate, attempt to impersonate, or falsely imply that you are associated with Speekur, another User, or any other person or entity;
4. In any manner that could disable, alter, overburden, damage, or impair the Services or the Speekur Network, or engage in any other conduct that restricts or interferes with any other party’s use, which, as determined by us, may harm Speekur or Users of the Services or expose them to liability, including but not limited to transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive, malicious, intrusive, or disruptive nature intended to cause denial of service;
5. To use, distribute, modify, create derivative works from, or copy the Services or any feature of the Services or any User account or Account (including any User Content) in whole or in part, or decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code or underlying algorithms of the Services or any feature of the Services, except as may be permitted under any license applicable to the Services.
6. To create accounts or access data (including User information) through unauthorised means, by using an automated device, caching, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper or any such weaponized capability intended as a malware threat to Speekur;
7. To attempt to gain unauthorised access, or permit unauthorised access, to the Services or any feature of the Services (including any User account or account) or any of our related systems or networks, or bypass any measures we take to restrict access to the Services or related systems or networks;
8. To substantially replicate products or services offered by Speekur in an impersonating manner, including by republishing Speekur content or creating a separate publishing platform; or
9. Without limiting any of the above representations or warranties or obligations, Speekur reserves the right to, in Speekur’ sole discretion, (i) reject or remove any User Content that, in Speekur’ reasonable opinion, violates any term or condition of these Terms or policies of Speekur or is in any way unlawful under Connecticut state law (ii) ban and remove any account that, in Speekur’ reasonable opinion, violates any term or condition of these Terms or policies of Speekur or is in any way unlawful or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Services to any person or entity whose use of Speekur and its Services is unlawful.
10. In the event an account is banned due to the breach of these Terms, and the account owner no longer has access to the account, Speekur will have no obligation to provide a refund of any kind including refund of any outstanding wallet amounts such as token balances or any amounts previously paid. Please direct any questions to [email protected].
4. Intellectual Property Rights
1. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to access and use the Services for lawful purposes in accordance with these Terms. The Services contain materials owned or licensed by Speekur, including name, logo, source code and executable code, text, images, audio/visual works, icons and scripts and other intellectual property (collectively, “Speekur Content”). Speekur Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and Speekur, Speekur owns and retains all rights in Speekur Content and the Services.
2. You shall not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying Speekur Content, and you shall not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit any Speekur Content or the Services, except as may be permitted by these Terms.
3. You will own all intellectual property rights in User Content you create using the Services except to the extent they incorporate Speekur Content or other intellectual property owned or licensed by Speekur.
4. Speekur reserves the right to display attribution text or links in your account footer or toolbar, denoting attribution to Speekur. The toolbar may not be altered or removed. Attribution text or links may only be hidden if you are subscribed to an enhanced level of service that permits the User to do so.
5. Reporting Copyright Infringement, DMCA Policy and Other Violations
1. Speekur prohibits Users of our Services from submitting, uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any materials that violate another person’s intellectual property rights. To report allegations of infringement, please contact Speekur at [email protected]
2. As Speekur asks others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Speekur violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify us. We will respond to all such notices in accordance with applicable law. Speekur will ban or terminate an account’s access to and use of the Services if, under appropriate circumstances, that account is determined to be a repeat copyright or intellectual property rights infringer. In the case of such ban or termination, Speekur will have no obligation to provide access to any Services, Speekur Tokens or any refund including any amounts previously paid to Speekur.
6. Monitoring and Enforcement; Ban and Termination
We have the right to:
1. Modify, ban or terminate the Services for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you;
2. Refuse, terminate, or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any or no reason, including, without limitation, any violation of these Terms; and
3. Force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
4. Upon any such refusal, termination or suspension of your access to the Services, all licenses and other rights granted to you under these Terms will immediately cease, and any outstanding balance of OffChain Speekur Tokens will be forfeited to Speekur.
7. Linking to the Services
1. You may link to our website homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent, which may be withheld for any reason or no reason in our sole discretion.
2. You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and must not otherwise: establish a link from any website that is not owned by you; cause the Services or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site (for example, scraping, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking); or take any action with respect to the Services that is inconsistent with these Terms.
8. Links on Speekur Services
1. If the Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. You acknowledge that we have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility, and we disclaim any liability, for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to our Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
1. As a Speekur account, you agree that Speekur will inject advertised content into your newsfeed and account page to satisfy the demand of Speekur publishers. In addition, you agree that other Speekur accounts to which you are subscribed may Repost advertised content to your feed.
10. Services Content
1. We may update our Services from time to time, but they will not necessarily be complete or up-to-date at any given time. Any of the material in the Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
2. You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such, except as may be required by applicable law.
3. Although it is Speekur’ intention for the Services to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Services may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or software or hardware.
4. Speekur reserves the right to remove any content from the Services that is deemed in violation of these Terms, without prior notice. Content removed from the Services may continue to be stored by Speekur, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order.
11. Geographic Restrictions
1. Speekur is based in the United Kingdom and provides its Services for use to persons located unless legally prohibited. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, though these Terms are governed solely by United Kingdom law.
12. Responsibility of Visitors
1. Speekur has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our website, Speekur does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful.
2. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
3. Our website may contain content posted by others that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, fake news, propaganda, satire, or other errors.
4. Our Website may also contain material posted by others that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated.
13. Restricted Use
1. You may not use the Services or any associated API access to impersonate or attempt to impersonate Speekur or any products or services offered by Speekur; to falsely imply that you are associated with Speekur, another User, or any other person or entity; or for any other fraudulent or misleading purpose.
14. Speekur Content Review Policy
1. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Speekur.com links, and that link to Speekur.com. Speekur does not have any control over such other websites and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to any such other website, Speekur does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Speekur disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of such other websites and webpages.
1. We may change or update the Services in whole or in part at any time and we reserve the right to change these Terms at any time. If we make changes to these Terms that are material, we will let you know by posting on the stream feed or by sending you an email or other communication. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the changes to these Terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using the Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of the Services indicates your acceptance of such changes, your continued use of the Services will be subject to these Terms, as changed. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in effect when the dispute arose.
2. If we adopt a new policy relating to the Services that is material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the new policy takes effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which such new policy will take effect. If you disagree with such new policy, then you should stop using the Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of the Services indicates your acceptance of such new policy, and your continued use of the Services will be subject to such new policy.
17. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
1. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE INTERNET OR THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE CODE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKPOINTS TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION AND ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT, AND FOR MAINTAINING A MEANS EXTERNAL TO OUR SITE FOR ANY RECONSTRUCTION OF ANY LOST DATA.
2. VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS MAY, IN SPEEKUR’ SOLE DISCRETION, RESULT IN TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SPEEKUR CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES AND YOU USE THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU VIOLATE THE LETTER OR SPIRIT OF THESE TERMS, OR OTHERWISE CREATE RISK OR POSSIBLE LEGAL EXPOSURE FOR SPEEKUR, WE CAN STOP PROVIDING ALL OR PART OF THE SERVICES TO YOU.
3. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, SPEEKUR OFFERS THE SERVICES “AS-IS” AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE SERVICES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE.
4. SPEEKUR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT SPEEKUR’ SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS THROUGH USE OR DOWNLOADING MATERIAL FROM THE SERVICES.
5. SPEEKUR DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE OR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
6. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ITS CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND THEN ONLY TO THAT EXTENT, IN NO EVENT WILL SPEEKUR, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS (“THE SPEEKUR PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, LOST PROFITS, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES (OR THE TERMINATION THEREOF FOR ANY REASON), EVEN IF THE SPEEKUR PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7. SPEEKUR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE WHATSOEVER IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT RELATING TO THE SERVICES, FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES WHETHER ON THE SERVICES OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES.
8. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SPEEKUR AND THE SPEEKUR PARTIES (JOINTLY), IN ANY ACTION OR CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES, THESE TERMS, OR THE SALE OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, SPEEKUR TOKENS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO US FOR SPEEKUR TOKENS AND USE OF THE SERVICES WITHIN THE 12-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH ACTION OR CLAIM.
1. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPEEKUR PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSS, EXPENSES, DAMAGES, AND COSTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REASONABLE LEGAL FEES, RESULTING, WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS. YOU ALSO AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPEEKUR PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
19. Governing Law
1. These Terms will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of the State of Connecticut or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
20. Waiver and Severability
1. No waiver by Speekur of any term or condition set out in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Speekur to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
2. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
1. To you: We may provide any notice to you under these Terms by: (A) posting a notice on our website; or (B) sending an email to the email address then associated with your account. Notices we provide by posting on our website will be effective upon posting and notices we provide by email will be effective when we send the email. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current. You will be deemed to have received any email sent to the email address then associated with your account when we send the email, whether or not you actually receive or read the email.
2. To us: To give us notice under these Terms, you must contact Speekur by email at [email protected]. We may update this email address for notices to us by posting a notice on our website or sending an email to you. Notices to us will be effective when received by us.
3. Language: All communications and notices to be made or given pursuant to these Terms must be in the English language.
22. Entire Agreement
1. These Terms of Service and, as applicable, our Terms of Sale of Speekur Tokens (all as posted at https://www.Speekur.com) constitute the sole and entire agreement between you and Speekur regarding the Services and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, regarding the Services.
23. Force Majeure
1. Speekur and its affiliates will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under these Terms where the delay or failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including acts of God, labour disputes or other industrial disturbances, electrical, telecommunications, hardware, software or other utility failures, earthquake, storms or other elements of nature, blockages, embargoes, riots, acts or orders of government, acts of terrorism, war, changes in blockchain technology, changes in the Ethereum or Speekur protocols or any other force, event or condition outside of our control.
24. Your Comments and Concerns
Please direct questions or concerns regarding these Terms or the Services to Speekur at [email protected].
Terms are provided by Speekur, Inc. under Creative Commons Attribution – ShareAlike (CC BY-SA) based upon similar agreements which has been provided by https://wordpress.com.
Last Updated February 10, 2022
Note, the above terms was available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike license, which WordPress provided for Minds.com